Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Letter To Eva

Dear Eva,

Six months ago tomorrow, you lost all common sense decided that you really did want to date me and it wasn't just a passing bit of insanity. Where has all the time gone?

I tried to fight against you liking me.

I remember back in May when I tried to explain why you shouldn't date me. You sat through my explanations, held my hand when some old emotions resurfaced, and nodding to show you were listening. You then placed a hand on my cheek and thanked me for being honest. I was waiting for you to put me out of your life.

It never happened.

I was sure you could do so very much better than me. Someone more attractive, someone funnier, someone nicer, someone not as dorky, just better all around.

You were amused at how terrified I was to meet your family. I figured your mom and little sister were flukes, no way my luck could hold out. Strangely enough your family seemed to like me and your sisters and mom have actually accepted me. I look back on how nervous I was for that Myrtle Beach trip and have to shake my head. Sorry for being such a spaz Hon.

I still need to thank Imogen for finally getting through my stubbornness the night of our first date. Had she been there, I wouldn't have to confront feelings for you (at least not at the moment) as doing so was a frightening prospect back then.

You've somehow managed to not get fed up with me in six months. How, considering that I like to tease, is a mystery.

You and Daybreak have become such a large part of my life in such a short amount of time. It seems like just yesterday me and you were just friends who helped each other study for ridiculously difficult psych tests. Now we've actually talked about the possibility of renting a townhouse together, even though it's been vetoed at this moment in time.

You constantly tell me that you are sure you had made the right decision in liking and later loving me. I thought I was going to jump out my skin when I felt you kiss me on the back of the neck that night.

I want to make this work. And I'm brave enough to admit I'm scared that I will screw up this relationship. I can't help it.

For some reason you think I am a wonderful person and I suppose that all I can do is try my best to prove you right.

Then last night you admitted you would actually like to marry me. It wasn't a proposal and you weren't expecting an answer but it still changed things. When asked, I told you that had you actually asked me to marry you I'd have said no for now.

Remember that I also said for now.

The future, after all, has yet to be written.

I have seen you at your best and your worst. I've seen you with no makeup and bedhead to looking like you walked off the cover of a fashion magazine. I've seen you in tears. I've helped take care of you when you're sick, massaged you when cramps or stress set in, and tried to listen and help with your problems.

I love that you can make me smile and laugh. I love that you are willing to listen and genuinely care what I have to say. I love that you can and will tell me when you think I am wrong and try and help me get on track.

You have helped to teach me to trust in myself and I don't know how to repay you for that.

You carved out a space for yourself in my heart.

Even when I tease you and sing annoying songs just to get them stuck in your head.

I only do it because I care.



Love,

Kendall

6 comments:

  1. I thought this was very moving. I can relate to Eva in many ways when it comes to you. She has made a wonderful choice. I am truly happy that yall are happy and things are working out well for you. It means a lot to me. I knew you would find someone who could love you for you. She is a wonderful woman and has my seal of approval.

    -Tink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Eva is one blessed woman... such an incredible love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, you had an ulcer? You really have been through everything =[.

    I love this letter, and Eva is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW... AWWWWW...

    That's so sweet.

    Nice one buddy.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Eva seems such a lovely, charming lady. Look at the photo - it put a smile on my face:)
    I think you both are lucky to have each other.

    I know the unknown of relationship is always scares you, but also makes you feel good inside..

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?