Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Bigger Blog Swap



20SB Blog Swap 3

Todays guest post is brought to you by
MissK
from
Pictures & Post-Its.
This is all part of the 20 Something Bloggers "Blog Swap 3".
Don't forget to go check out my post over on her site.




Hey folks, this is Kendall. For those expecting a Wednesday Workshop, you're out of luck today sorry but I may still participate tomorrow if I have time after work. Anyways, today is the Blog Swap 3 from 20Something Bloggers which has had me excited for quite a while. Be sure to check back later for my own guest post (which I shall link to). Now enjoy yourselves! And in case you're wondering, yes that was an order. Just kidding. Kinda.

Hi everyone! I'm not terribly good at introductions, and I rarely make a good first impression, but I am MissK from www.picturesandpostits.wordpress.com . I'm here, taking part in a blog swap organized by 20 Something Bloggers. My blog is relatively new, and mostly I just post pictures, or the occasional post it note. I'll be the first to admit I'm struggling a little to think of something to blog about here... I'm guessing I'm going to need something more than a dodgy happy snap to fill the space.

This has lead me to spend entirely too much time thinking of something to blog about, and you know what I came up with? Several ideas that sounded good in theory, but when I started writing ended up sounding kind of lame.

I considered blogging about why I took my current job, and why I love it even through all the less enjoyable parts, because I am constantly asked why I do my job as opposed to something with less exposure to animal cruelty and euthanasia, but then I realized that would then give away where I worked, and I've had stalkers before - I don't need anymore of them.

Then I wondered if maybe I could blog about how I am struggling with a few people who were once great friends, but lately seem to have drifted and now it's all weird because we both know we've drifted but for some stupid reason we're both still pretending we care. Then I thought that could've lead into how you decide when a friendship has run its course and what is the best way to go about ending it with as little mess as possible. I decided I am not smart enough to do this.

I also wondered if maybe I could talk about how I've just found out I've got some horrible kidney problem and it's all going to hell in a handbasket for me, health wise, right about now... but then I remembered I haven't told my employers yet, and people I work for have a stunning ability to find my blogs and then call me out on things I've posted in them.

Then I realized I'm posting on a teacher's blog, and now I'm concerned about my spelling and grammar and ohmygoodness don't mention the fact that you were never taught and still don't know the difference between a noun and an adjective. And his blogroll is HUGE, and that's a lot of people that might be looking right at me if I stuff this up. This would surely be followed by some kind of hyperventilating.

Interestingly enough, this has just proved how bad I am at making decisions. And apparently, how much of a people pleaser I am. Possibly even that I worry too much. What is interesting, though, is that small decsions I am bad at. Big decisions, I'm pretty good at. Give me the task of choosing which DVD to watch on Saturday night, and I will fail in epic fashion and we will end up watching bad Saturday night TV. Give me the task of selecting a new car, and I will decide in about 5.4 seconds.

It's a bizarre phenomenon.

I simply do not understand myself. Anyone else have this problem where they will compose pro-con lists over whether they have pizza or pasta for dinner, but decide within all of thirty seconds that they're going to give up full time employment with all sorts of benefits to work for yourself in an industry you had no experience in?

You know what else I learned about myself?

I suck at guest posting.

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty funny. If I have to make a pro con list on what to eat for dinner.... I'm not eating dinner. I guess I am okay when it comes to decisions...
    "the best result would come from everyone in the group doing what's best for himself and the group."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you don't suck at guest posting. That was great. Really hit home to me about having great friends, struggling with the relationship and now still acting like you care when you really don't! That exactly pinpointed an issue I'm having right now.
    Hey good luck with the kidney thing too, hope that gets resolved!
    I'm going to go over and check out your blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up to all, as I am really keen of reading this webpage's post to be updated on
    a regular basis. It consists of fastidious stuff.


    my web-site zetaclear side effects
    Also see my webpage > nail fungus zetaclear

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?