Friday, November 21, 2008

I'll Take the Minefield for $200, Alex

I'm looking after Daybreak today while Eva is working and I thought I'd share a little conversation we had before she laid down for a nap. The munchkin was tuckered out after watching X-Men (she has said Hugh Jackman will be her husband one day) and us working on building a LEGO castle.

Daybreak: So you and Mommy are going dancing?

Me: Yes Sweetie.

Daybreak: You and Mommy have been together six months right?

Me: Almost. Monday will make six months.

Daybreak: So when am I going to get a baby sister?

Me: I think you're child enough for both of us Daybreak.

Daybreak: What's taking so long? I've been waiting practically forever.

Me: Daybreak, you're four. It's not like you're an old maid.

Daybreak: But...but...fine. Can you two at least get married? You love Mommy and Mommy loves you, what's the hold up?

At this point, I can't keep a straight face any longer and am nearly crying from laughter. Daybreak got very put out and decided I deserved to be tickled for laughing at her serious concerns.

I swear that I act my age sometimes.

Now I'm going to get some homework done before my ball of energy and questions wakes back up.

Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend.

5 comments:

  1. "From the mouths of babes"... at least I think that's how the saying goes.
    Anyway, Daybreak is my hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simple the mind of a child. If we were like children the world would be a better place. What she says makes sense and you know it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can be a little less amused at my expense Darlin'. Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha gotta love kids. they speak the truth when no one else will! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is soooo cute! You gotta love kids for stuff like that. They are the most hilarious people in the world!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?