Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Just Wanna Get Off

And in my typical fashion, I caught the innuendo as soon as I typed that.

Ahem, anywho. For those that have been reading my blog, I'm sorry that I haven't been up to snuff lately. I've come down with a bad case of LIFE recently. The doctors are still unsure whether or not it is terminal.

Don't feel like I'm singling you out blogging friends, I've been largely MIA from Fbook, AIM, and Twitter for a while. With all I have going on right now, my internet life has suffered. Hopefully the load will ease up shortly.

With the semester ending in two weeks, professors have got the bright idea to load us down with work on top of the studying needing for final exams. Two research papers, a drama production, a final in Bio lab, and then four final exams.

Were this not enough, I got the bright idea in my head to work 35 hour weeks from the week before Thanksgiving until classes start back up in January. I want to crawl in a hole and die.

I don't eat. I'm barely sleeping. And as I was shaving this morning, I found 3 grey hairs in my goatee. GREY?! I know that with the cold weather I have to use my cane at times but seriously. I'm too young for this shit.

A panic attack is imminent. I can just feel it creeping closer until I'm in full meltdown mode.

Sorry for the mini-rant folks, I promise that I will be back soon with something much more positive. Either the letters to Santa my students are writing or something equally...holiday-esque.

Happy trails!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds as though I'm not the only one suffering from too much work and too little time!

    Things I love about this post: a) that you wrote 'grey' instead of 'gray' ... the 'e' spelling is my preferred spelling, too; b) discovering that we both need a cane when the weather turns less-than-pleasant (not that it's nice to need the cane, but nice to find this random thing we have in common); c) sharing your freak-out over your grey hairs. Ok, I am way older than you, and I shouldn't freak out to be going grey, and yet ...

    Hang in there, Kendall. You've got so much on your plate right now. I'll be thinking time-expanding thoughts for you to help you get through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As everyone told me this week, 'this too shall pass.' I know it doesn't make it better, but there you go. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself first! I know how stressful times like these can be, finals, tons of work, etc. I know it's hard but like the poster above me, "this too shall pass" is one of my favorite quotes. You can do this! Just think how much sweeter it will feel when you have accomplished these obstacles...=] Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were in your position, I am not sure I would be blogging at all! You are pretty awesome to be able to juggle all of that at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life does have a habit of piling on the pressure at inopportune moments, it'll just be a slog until you get out of the other side. The you can look back and pat yourself on the back for not having a breakdown.

    Also, nothing wrong with a few grey hairs, as long as it doesn't continue to expand. If it makes you feel better, I've had a few that appear to have gone away again now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol nooo don't single us out. But I do get it..I've been far too lazy these days..

    Breathe in..breathe out.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?