Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Workshop: My Christmas Wishlist

Sorry for the serious lack of posting as of late folks, between trying to do well on my exams on top of the...well, the end of me and Eva's relationship my heart hasn't really been set on blogging. So hopefully this week's assignment from Mama Kat will improve my mood some.

1.) Write or share a letter to Santa

5...4...3...2...1...

Dear Santa,

I must first apologize for the long communications blackout. I lost my faith in your magic when I was 6 and I suppose I'm trying to find it again. I would like to hope you remember the kid who along with his little sister would leave you a PB & J sandwich along with a mug of chilled milk. After all, you have to know the address of every little kid in the world, so I figure it's not too much a long shot.

Normally this would be the part where I tell you what I want for Christmas. I'm a tad bit old for toys despite the saying about "boys and their toys", although I have to be honest and admit that a Macbook would not be unappreciated.

What I want can be summed up in two items:

One, I want Mami to go through a safe and successful labour and for Los Gemelos Nuevos to be born as a healthy little boy and girl. She has lost too much as is and I want my little brother and sister/godchildren to grow up, be happy in what they do, and give me nieces and nephews to spoil.

Two, and I know this one is a biggie, I want to be able to keep my promise to Daybreak and see her on Christmas. Consider it my last request as her father figure.

If I can have those two things then I would be entirely satisfied Mr. Kringle.

Please and Thank You,

Kendall A.

14 comments:

  1. Let's hope the fat man gets it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem most worthy requests of the ol' guy. I reckon you're in with a good chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very selfless wishes. I hope Santa comes through. And I am sorry to hear about your break up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from MamaKat's writers workshop posts...

    This was a wonderful letter to Santa and I'm praying/hoping/wishing that he comes through for you! And my condolences on your recent break-up ... I know that can very difficult at any time but particularly during holiday time.

    And I'm sure Santa remembers your PB&J -- it must have been a nice break from all the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get you Christmas wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope everything works out for you and for Mami... thanks for commenting in my blog...

    Nice to meet you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a nice letter and I hope that your wishes really do come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Santa has a difficult time with these kinds of requests, but I know he will try his best to take care of it for you. plus, hes got to remember the PB&J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good letter! I hope you get exactly what you asked for!

    I'll be back! It's a nice change of pace to read a man's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoyed your letter! thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm jealous that you're in school. Oh - to be young again. I hope to go back and finish, starting right after the new year. great blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwww! What a great letter! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love your blog and am now stalking...errr...following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a very merry Christmas, that Santa brings you everything you deserve and that it doesn’t take too long to work off the effects of Christmas dinner.

    Thank you for being part of what has been a fascinating year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pray you have your "gifts" and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope Santa brings you what you ask for. Have a happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?