Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Times; They Are A Changin'


It's officially October which means it is time for me to begin preparing for Halloween. It also means warm apple cider, gorgeous trees, and lots of other fun activities.

Halloween. The time has come once again for my favourite holiday and I have a lot planned for this year. I am beginning to get what odds and ends I need for my costume. Sadly, I have to shave off my goatee to put on the makeup for my clown costume.

I only know of two bad things about this month.

One, it's the first anniversary of when one of the women who raised me (Mami's wife) died in a car crash. Last year was the first time in 19 years I did practically nothing for Halloween. The fact that I was all ready very very depressed before she died only made things harder to deal with.

Two, I have midterms from the 14th to the 18th. Sad fact of college life is that you will have exams. To quote Tinkerbell, "I think college has made me dumber."

However, there is more than enough good to balance this out.

  1. Haunted Lab. I have been excited about this since my lab partner first convinced me to join the science club. I get to chase people with a chainsaw through the woods. What's not to love about that?
  2. Halloween. Trick-or-treating. Baking cookies. Dressing up. Nightmare Before Christmas. So many wonderful memories.
  3. The elementary school I work at is having a costume contest for the kids the night before Halloween and I get to be one of the judges.
  4. Daybreak is turning 4 on the 24th! Eva says she is going to probably cry that day and bemoans how old she is. I tell her she's barely six months older than me to which she replies that's still older which is all that matters. Women...
  5. Fall break! Granted, I have midterms right after but that's a four day weekend for me to get in a last stretch of studying as well as try to unwind.
  6. Schoolhouse Rock Live with my kids. 'Nuff said.
  7. "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Again, 'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?