Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Haz Award!

So this morning I received my very first award for blogging from the wonderful Diane over at Diane's Addled Ramblings. Cue megawatt smile. Were I not a state away, I'd give her a gift but alas I'll just send her some link love from time to time.



Now there are two rules for receiving this award. One, I have to list 6 things I love and then I have to pass 6 people to pass this on to.

Things I love...

1. Books. I've often heard that one day books will only be stored electronically and that thought breaks my heart. As someone who practically grew up in a library, nothing can replace the feel of the pages or the intimacy of curling up with a good book. Things a computer screen can't replicate.
2. Making people laugh, I'm a firm believer in the Patch Adams school of thought. That if you treat a person, you always win.
3. Cooking for the people I care about. I've been told I seem to have been designed to want to take care of others, I'm starting to believe it.
4. Seeing the look on a child's face when they understand what you are trying to teach them. It was this look that convinced me teaching is what I wanted to do with my life.
5. Being a writer. It is easy to write words down on paper. It is far more difficult to give those words meaning.
6. Kissing. Slow and lazy or passionate and burning. I love them all.

Today nominee's are...

1. Katie over at I Know This Much Is True. She works in the law industry and still holds onto her humanity. She also has an old-school charm that I find endearing.
2. Summer over at Blogfully Yours. Her posts often make me smile, laugh, and think which is truly what it's all about.
3. Tricia over at The Silver Lining. Somehow a Texas mom to two little boys transplanted in Michigan. Somehow, she even manages to make it work.
4. Mindy over at A MinD in MoTown. Another transplant, this one from Pennsylvania to my own state. Her posts are always good for a dose of liberalism and wit.
5. Tiff over at A Bit Of Miss Tiff. The first friend I ever made blogging and my general go-to person for tech questions. Her posts always make me laugh.
6. Black Hockey Jesus over at The Wind In Your Vagina. If you like laughing and having your thoughts provoked, give him a look-see.

5 comments:

  1. You may have the megawatt smile, but mine is most definitely gigawatt! That just made my day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the love, Sweetness! :)

    I'm with you on the books... I need to have them in my hands and on my bookshelves... and if there are no bookstores, what on EARTH am I going to do with my Friday nights?! Aaaaggggghhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! You just made my day! :) Congrats on getting your first award! I'm sure it won't be your last though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you! =) I appreciate you passing on the love, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally just made my Friday and probably my weekend now too! This is my first award and I am honored. Thank you so much!

    Summer

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?