Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Conversations With Dolly: A Sweet Republican

Dolly: "So Kendall, who are you voting for?"

Me: "Ok Dear, let's look at this logically. I am very, very, very liberal. To the point that many democrats think I'm radical. I despise Baby Bush and his posse with every fibre of my being. I think Sarah Palin should have her vagina revoked and then studied to determine its authenticity. Now would you like to ask me this question again?"

The Diva: "You forgot to mention you were black."

Me: "No I didn't, that would just be overkill though."

Dolly: "So you wouldn't wear one of my McCain buttons?"

Me: "Dear, were you not a friend whom I love dearly, I would probably burn it. As you are my friend, I will just politely decline."

Dolly: "So I get special treatment because I'm your friend?"

Me: "Isn't that how the world's always worked?"

8 comments:

  1. Overkill!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better person that me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the comment about Sarah Palin and the overkill comment. I find it funny that she would still ask that you wouldn't wear a McCain button.. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that is incredibly nice of you to not burn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear you're voting for Obama because you apppreciate his policies. I worried that people would or would not vote for him based on his skin color - which has nothing to do with his brain power. It would have been like me voting for Hillary in the primaries just because she's a woman and I'm a woman. I felt like that's not what it should be about - but instead about that person's ability to run this country (and not into the ground). GO OBAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, I'd still burn the damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! And you were so diplomatic!
    Found your blog through Sarahs. Not a total random stalker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane - Well it was overkill and should have nothing to do with who I'm voting for, something I intend to blog about soon after exams.

    Tricia/Tiff: Glad to amuse y'all.

    Toughgirl: I thought so too.

    MinD - I'm too nice a person to do that to a friend.

    Shelly - You are now the second person I know of to find me through there if you're talking about SMS.

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?