Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Don't Want to Part With Them

With spring registration in two weeks, I have a dilemma.

I want to stay with my kids.

I know it may sound weird that I am attached so quickly but the munchkins just wormed their way into my heart. I love this enough that I changed my major from English which is what I always thought I would teach to Elementary Education.

There are three other education classes I have to take before I graduate as well as a year of student teaching. I have requested that I am with Ms. Frizzle's class again in the spring as otherwise I would be assigned somewhere random in the school system.

I talked to Ms. Frizzle about it over the weekend and she has said she'd be delighted to have me back.

The kids themselves?

When asked if they wanted me to stay with them for the rest of the year, one girl who I had yet to hear more than five or six words a day starts to cry. I wiped her cheeks with a tissue while Ms. Frizzle asked her what was wrong.

Her response?

"He's our teacher too. He shouldn't have to leave."

And people wonder why I want to teach.

Marching to the beat of my own drum,

The Odd Duckling

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?