Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Tale of Bucks, Pups, and a Kiss for Luck

And hello 2009!

My New Year's Eve was spent with Eva, Daybreak, and The Devil A. K. A. my puppy. We played Monopoly. Me against team of Eva and Daybreak. I still say there was some money being slipped out of the bank but I'm not bitter.

Really.

More like impressed that they weren't caught.

You know the row between Jail/Just Visiting and Free Parking? Yeah that was death for me. By the end of the game, there was a hotel on New York Ave., Tennessee Ave., and St. James Place. To make matters worse, there were 3 houses on the purple properties whose names escape me at the moment.

Like I said, death.

I tried to fight back in other areas of the board but after landing on two hotels back-to-back and needing to mortgage one set of my houses, the game was pretty much over.

Then to add insult to injury, Daybreak takes a handful of their winnings, fans them out in her hands and gives her best attempt at a diabolical laugh. If you remember the classic nicktoon Rugrats, think Angelica's.

After my humiliating defeat we watched Mrs. Doubtfire and then Mulan, during which Daybreak fell asleep curled up against Eva's lap. After getting her ready for bed and then tucked in, we sat on the couch and sat talking for the last half hour of 2008.

When my clock struck 12, I put my hand on her cheek and kissed her. She put her arms around my neck and we stayed that way for a long minute, leaning our foreheads against each other after breaking apart.

Not a bad end to 2008. Not bad at all.

8 comments:

  1. Awwww... better than mine. I spent it commenting on peoples' blogs and giving 2008 the finger. Not terribly exciting but quite satisfying ;). Glad yours was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a VERY nice new years eve! Hope 09 brings you much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so eloquent with your words. Everytime I read your blog you bring a different kind of inspiration. Thank you. You are one of the great additions to my 2008 and I am looking forward to 2009 & all of the inspiration you share.

    Happy New Year Friend!
    Much Love & Respect,
    G~ (that's me) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just a lovely post ... and what better way to end a year, I couldn't think of. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Angelica's, huh? Not good at all.

    I love Monopoly, but nobody ever wants to play. Everyone is too grown up for me... =/ Oh well.

    Hope you have a great 2009 hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You paint a beautiful picture. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a perfect NYE :)

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?