Monday, January 19, 2009

...Must Come To An End

So today's the end of President Bush's term in office.

Can't say I'll miss the man, aside from him giving me many chuckles over the last 8 years.

What I will miss is the theddduckling.blogspot.com.

Now when I first planned this I didn't realize that yeah, it's Friday meaning the blogosphere is pretty much dead. But as most of those who did read figured out my plan, I might as well clue the rest of you in.

But first your questions.

The main one was why was I leaving Blogger? Well folks, me and Blogger had a few irreconcilable differences so I went a found a new woman. One with bigger boobs, a bottled tan, and a bigger bank account. Therefore, I'm saying so long and thanks for all the fish.

The second was from Emily asking the following: "and for my question i'll ask...if you could travel to one place in the world, regardless of distance or price, where would it be and why?"

That's an easy one to answer. I would go to Barcelona to track down what happened to Nana's siblings after La Guerra Civil, which I fully intend to do one day.

And now my big surprise I hinted at in emails or on twitter.

If you reread my letter, you'll notice that I only said I was leaving Blogger. I don't plan to stop blogging anytime so soon after discovering it.

So submitted for your reading pleasure, the new home of The Confessions of an Odd Duck.
Be seeing you.

P. S. Yeah, I'm a bastard aren't I?

4 comments:

  1. yes, yes you are a bastard. haha

    and barcelona, huh?? nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for stopping by and wishing my Big AL a Happy Birthday!

    HE received around 60 well wishes!!!!

    *And, BTW, I was reading your profile, and wanted to tell you that my son's band, THE BLACK FORTYS (indie rock)opened for NAS at a ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE VIP concert in New York City back in November. Their style is completly different than NAS, so it was a strange combo to share a stage, but the concert went over very well. It also turned me on to rap music which I had never been a fan of before. Nas and Tupac are on my list of favorites. (Kinda' funny coming from a old,white Gospel singer!)

    Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the way you have presented this specific challenge plus it does indeed present me personally a lot of fodder for thought.
    On the other hand, through what I have seen, I really wish when other feedback pack on that individuals remain on
    issue and in no way embark on a soap box involving the news du jour.
    Anyway, thank you for this fantastic piece and
    although I do not really concur with this in totality,
    I respect the viewpoint.

    my blog post:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i�m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really
    useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and
    help others like you aided me.

    Check out my web page ::

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?