Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday Workshop: As I See You

Hi everyone, it's the glorious Miss Eva reporting for duty! As Kendall has a bit too much on his plate today he has let me (letting me doesn't necessarily mean he had a choice does it?) take over his blog and allow me to pop my Wednesday Workshop cherry. Ooh, so exciting.

PROMPT: Describe your significant other's most attractive quality (on the inside).

Were it not for that little add-on, there are so many ways I could have fun with this. In both dirty and non-dirty ways. But I suppose I shall simply have to be serious. Kendall had better appreciate this is all I've got to say.

Ahem.

If I had to pick out one characteristic as his most attractive, I might as well use the one that attracted me to him in the first place and made him hard not to fall in love with.

From the stories he's shared with you, some of you might have realized something about the teddy bear I call my boyfriend. He seems to be pretty dang near incapable of not caring about people. This includes people who have done him wrong, people he has never met in real life, people he barely knows, and even people who he has never heard of before.

It's as if he is drawn to people who need help and does whatever they need him to whether that's just listening, making them laugh, giving a hug, or completely changing the subject. He is easily one of the most kindhearted people it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

Me and Kendall (as well as The Bait, The Spawn, and Pippi) went to the same high school and despite the fact that me and him shared a lot of the same friends we never really had the opportunity to become friends ourselves. Now as I'm sure most of you know, I gave birth to baby Daybreak a few months after my 17th birthday when I was in my junior year. Her father, the ex, dumped me about three weeks before my due date.

So here I am, a heavily pregnant teenager whose boyfriend had left her after saying throughout that he would stand by her. I was sitting on one of these tables we had in the student parking lot and trying my very best not to start sobbing. When someone put a tissue in front of my face, saying it might help. And sure enough, there was Kendall with one hand outstretched to me and the other holding a half-full box of Kleenex. This boy, who I only knew peripherally, skipped that full period with me, just listening to me rant about the world in general.

It's just who he is.

I've watched him smile and say "hello" to random people on the street whom I ask if he knows. So very often the answer is that he has never seen them in his life but everyone deserves something as simple as a smile.

Whenever me and him take Daybreak to the park, God forbid he sees one child being picked on. The last time this happened, Kendall helped the boy out of the puddle he had been pushed into and after speaking to his mother for a moment, sent him over to the jungle gym where Daybreak was trying to emulate a pretzel.

Then there are the other things...

...making jokes and generally being silly until a frowning person can't help but laugh.

...even when he's sick, he will get out of bed and in his car, driving to pick someone up in the middle of the night after their car broke down.

...standing up for someone he personally dislikes merely because he thought it was right.

...leaving little notes for people telling them to have a nice day.

...or one of my personal favorites, when I feel like utter crap from menstrual cramps he's ready with a hot water bottle and those wonderful hands.

He's extremely polite, intelligent, humble to an almost disturbing degree, and such a goofball you can't not be happy around him, but his kindness is still my favorite.

Don't ever change, Amore.

XOXO Eva

18 comments:

  1. Hon, I don't know whether to laugh or blush right now so I seem to settle for a bit of both. Thank you even if I think you make me sound a lot better than I actually am. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just beautiful! That boy is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him! I love seeing such pure love set forth in such a beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww how sweet is that!!!!!! You are so blessed to have him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so great to hear from the girlfriend, and these are traits that those of us who read the blog or talk to you via Fbook have figured out. But it's great to hear another perspective on someone who knows him a million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall, I just knew you were a wonderful person and this just confirms it. Your love story is incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When do his "how to be a great person" workshops start???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here from the Mr. Linky at the Writer's Workshop. I love it! I love hearing about the kind, good, caring, loving qualities. It just makes my day to know that there is such a good man out there and that he has a woman who recognizes and appreciates it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, a great guy and he can take a compliment too?! Whada Man! Sounds like you got yourself a great one! Congrats to you! I bet just walking down the street with him is an adventure! Like meeting someone new every time you turn the corner! Sounds like fun to me!

    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kendall is a keeper... and it's lovely to hear of his kindness and compassion. Good for you, Eva, for finding such a wonderful guy. The two of you sound so perfect together. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, sweet! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Odd Duck should be bushing all day. It is very hard to write about the one's we love in coherent form. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like one heckuva good guy ya got there! He truly leaves notes? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was very touching. What a great post I'm glad you two have eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got a good man on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, how are you doing? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely charming! I love smiling in public to people that are absolute strangers. You never know who's having a bad day and could have needed that smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...what a good guy, an all around good guy! We need more people like that, seriously! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

"Our best thoughts come from others." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

So why don't you go below and share your own?